Publication Research

Emma LaVopa
Mr. Druffel
10/29/19
Writing About Iranian Cinema
Publication Research
Three Undergraduate Journals:

• World Outlook: Dartmouth Journal of International Affairs
  • The Journal of Undergraduate International Studies
  • Hemispheres: Tufts University Journal of International Affairs
    The journal I’ve chosen to have my conference paper admitted into is The Journal of Undergraduate International Studies. This journal specializes in articles that connect with my paper such as topics on human rights, comparative politics and economics as well as global security. My paper is focused around the philosophy of gender, race and sexuality in Iran; therefore, a global journal is perfect. I touch upon subjects of women’s rights and how women in specific are treated under a strict government rule. There are many conflicts regarding this subject and I can adjust my paper to focus on said topics. As well as prove resolutions for them.
    In order to transform my conference paper into a journal article I would start being sectioning off paragraphs and giving them strong heading and ending lines. These headings will consist of specific topics I cover in the paragraph that come together to form my overall topic. I would keep my opening sentences to be able to connect to my audience which most likely will be made of other students. Entering my second paragraph I would cover the hijab and what it means in Iranian culture and specifically to the women that choose to wear it and those who don’t. that would lead me into how the government used to heavily control the use of the hijab and a women’s right to choose.
    A big part of my article will be about marriage in Iran and the inside traits of it. Men in Iran have a lot of control over marriages and how their wives act but the underground household leader is the female, this will be further explained in my article. They are strong and realistic individuals who tend to the children and keep the household in check, but their freedoms are slowly erupting to much more than that. Females are beginning to hold jobs and do what they please when they please. The development and growth of women outside the home is advancing at a fast rate. Where women started to where they are now will also be a big part of my article due to its global and admirable importance. I will keep the mention of the Islamic Revolution and the attendance of women at stadium games because it shows past uprisings of women and current expansions of women’s rights. I will also be adding some statistics about the role’s women have in the workplace. Although females are allowed to have jobs in Iran, many husbands have the ability to forbade them from doing so. There is also a hug gap in pay regarding gender in Iran.
    My conclusion paragraph will consist of an overall look of the basics from my conference paper. I will once again touch upon when women began fighting for what they deserved and the accomplishments they made since then. I will also bring up highly regarded individuals who stand for women’s rights in Iran both men and women. This adaptation of my conference paper will fit perfectly into the guidelines of the journal I’ve chosen.